Friday, April 20, 2007

Various topics

Ok..catch up time. I'm gonna cover different topics and I will not be posting pictures this blog, but I will next blog...so stay tuned.

Yesterday we received reports cards and the kids both were on the A-B Honor Roll. We are very proud of them! Matt and Nat also had their final segments of the Taks test (like all Texas students...of age). They are very relieved to have them over! I just got an email from Matt's teacher saying that she will be nominating him for GT (gifted and talented). She has raved how he's got such strong math skills. Nat was told by her Science teacher yesterday that she's a Soaring Eagle in his class. I'm not too sure what that means, but I know it's very good :) I have also received a letter for her to be nominated for GT. I am so blessed to have such intelligent children.

Brayden is loving MDO (Mother's Day Out) more and more each time he goes. He didn't cry when I left the last 2 Thursdays. And this Thursday as we pulled into the parking lot of the church he said "Go friends?" (that's what he calls MDO). And he sleeps really well there and eats good too! I was very apprehensive to take him at first, but now I know it's good for him...and fun too :)

Last weekend we (and Jim's Granny) went to Midland for Chloe's birthday. She turned the big 7! We had a very nice visit with them. We went to James and Phyllis's on Saturday for burgers and cake for Chloe. Everything was so good...I definitely was NOT counting points that day :) Brayden really enjoyed himself (along with the big kids of course) and it was so neat to see him understand who everyone was and to call most everyone by their names! Brayden really bonded with Granny since they got to spend Friday morning playing :) While we were out there, Jim and Matt took a trip out to Kermit to ride the dunes for a bit. I know they wish they could have spend more time there...but I think they were happy with what they could get :)

This week there has been no softball due to Taks testing. But we start off full swing next week with 3-4 games. 1-2 of them being for the Opening Ceremonies that got postponed due to rain.

Nat will be going on her first band trip to Sandy Lake this coming Friday and she's pumped. I hope I can go...I'd love to hear them and I know she'd love to know one of us could go. She also has her first piano recital next Sunday. She's very excited to have us hear her play. She told me that in Art she's starting a sculpture and it'll be a bust "of a real human" :) This girl stays busy and loves it!

Matt will be going on a field trip this coming Thursday to the museum and then on May 4th they are having a Cinco De Mayo celebration. Big fun! And I have become the appointed room Mom for his class and I'll soon be helping them get stuff organized for their carnival and end of school parties.

This weekend we are headed out (finally) for our first actual camping trip. We have stayed in it once at Mom and Dad's we when for Easter, but this trip is the real deal :) We are ready to go too. Looks like it's gonna be windy, but no rain and nice temps...so we are pumped. And it'll be pictures that I take from this trip that I'll post next week.

Lastly, I will not be posting weights for a while on the Biggest Loser. Not to say that me or Jim are straying from WW, we will still work to maintain our weight. Just gonna stop posting about it for a while. Everyone who has done this with us...keep it up! It feels so good to accomplish this goal and so crummy when it all comes back on. If anyone feels they need to post to keep themselves in check, just let me know and I'll hook you up :)

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Kim :) said...

Sounds like the kiddos are all doig wonderful! I was glad to get caught up on all three of them.

I hope your first camping trip went well this weekend! Can't wait to see pictures and hear stories. Gary, the kids and I can't wait until we get to go camping!! Love me some camping time!